Monday, October 22, 2007


When I saw this picture, I thought of something I've read in a book before :

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I pra'se you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


What a joy to be reminded of how valuable Jellybean is!

In addition, what an awesome responsibility we have as family and friends to walk beside Andrea and Adam during this new adventure, to lift them up and encourage them.
Since many of us can not physically be there to offer to wash a load of laundry, change a dirty diaper or allow the new Mommy and Daddy to take a little snooze, I thought it would be just as encouraging for us to post some of our favorite sayings as they begin their new walk as parents.

13 comments:

gloria said...

This is the ultimate gift to you for the rest of your lives. I feel like I'm right there with you both and I feel the joy and love you both have for each other and your baby. love one happy Grammie.

Heather Henderson said...

I must have read that same book because that it one of my favorite sayings ever!

GoVols said...

Know what, I think I have read that book, too!

Dad T.

GoVols said...

Know what, I think I have read that book, too!

Dad T.

GoVols said...

Know what, I think I have read that book, too!

Dad T.

Anthony and Sharon said...

1. "Be fruitful and multiply"...check!
2. "...you formed my inmost parts..." checking as we speak!
3. "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it..."- will be checking in the years to come!

Aren't His commands and promises good?!:)
The Rivers

Eddie and Monika (Purba) Landry said...

This is a priceless picture! What a cute jellybean! Her friend Amanda is raising her hands and cheering for a stong jellybean to come, and may there be many more jellybeans to come.

GoVols said...

Don't sweat the small stuff. Everyday is an adventure. They grow up way too fast!!!

Love Mom T.

Unknown said...

Don't you see that children are (His) best gift?

the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?

Like a warrior's fistful of arrows are the children of a vigorous youth.

Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!

The Agarwals said...

Remember what to impress upon her heart, what to talk about when you sit and walk, when you wake up and go to sleep...may these words help mold her into the precious one He has planned for her to be!

The Agarwals said...

Chele says:

Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple.

The righteous man leads a blameless life; blessed are his children after him.

Kelley C said...

This saying always came to mind when I was tired of rocking, wishing the time away, or just not realizing the preciousness of it all:

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

The Agarwals said...

I think it's so funny that Kelley shared a poem that my grandmother used to quote! It brought back so many memories- and it's true! Enjoy them when they are so small- it flies by all too quickly!