Monday, October 22, 2007

Getting Started

Welcome to Andrea and Adam's virtual baby shower.
I am so glad that you've taken the time to stop by, to participate, to share and reflect and to truly celebrate this incredible season in their life!

I first met Andrea when I moved to Florida State University as a transfer student. In fact, she was my Fish School mom. I remember being completely blown away by her joy and excitement for life and by her unwavering love for our Dad. She welcomed me into her life and mine has never been the same! I specifically remember a pumpkin carving contest she hosted at her home during my first year at the FSU BCM- we put rhinestones on ours!! (I think we must have won!!) It wasn't long after being introduced to her parents that I fell in love with her entire family. It was easy to see where her passion for life and others came from!

Just a few years later, we were marrying amazing men and starting out on another journey- together!
It was during our time in New Orleans that our friendships really grew, as we learned and matured and began to see a bigger picture for our lives. Taking classes together shaped our perspectives and created a unique bond that we will have no matter where we journey in this life. But the moments we had in Willingham Manor, in small little coffee shops like Puccino's, at family friendly Mardi Gras parades, at the Flying Cow, over dinner while watching American Idol or just hanging knit our friendship together more than I might have ever imagined!
Adam and Andrea were there when we gave birth to our first son,
adoring him just about as much as we did :-)
and making sure he received a warm welcome when he arrived at his home on Lipsey Street for the first time!

They helped us celebrate birthdays and made children smile for pictures...
successfully!They helped us welcome our second little boy into the world as well and were amazing entertainers of our 14 month old in the "princess suite!" I seem to recall lots of flip flop games...
And book readings too!

It's been awhile since we've seen Andrea and Adam, so long that we've even added another little bundle of joy to our family- don't worry it was a girl this time! Despite the time and distance, our love and appreciation for them, their calling in life, their passion and their friendship has not changed.

I could not have imagined going through some of the most difficult, interesting and fun times in my life without Adam and Andrea, that's why you're here, reading this blog- because the moment I found out they were going to be parents themselves, I've been trying to figure out a way to shorten the distance from "here to there." For most of us, it will be nearly impossible to make the journey to welcome little Jellybean into the world, although I would love to hang streamers and balloons for his or her grand entrance home, just as they did for us. So, instead of making the trip physically, let's make it in our hearts. Let's join together and throw them one awesome virtual baby shower!! Post your words of wisdom, have fun playing the games (although I regret there will be no prizes) and enjoy celebrating the life of Jellybean! Oh... and don't forget this is a surprise...for now!! Thanks for helping out! I know that Adam and Andrea will be touched by your "presence" at this celebration!

11 comments:

Neill said...

Okay A & A ... welcome to the world of parenting! The first couple months are hard... then the next two years become even harder (when they learn to crawl). Then you should have #2 and maybe #3 to really make things exciting...

But just when you're almost worn out they turn 2.5 years old and you can start to "reason" with them (him, her)...

and by 3 ... wow ... what fun every day can be! And then you will actually miss those infant days when they couldn't even crawl away from you if you tried!

Enjoy! And welcome little Glitterlips2 / Jellybean into the world as a "Third Culture Kid".

Neill, Margit, Ana, Gabi, Colleen

Heather Henderson said...

I am so excited you are going to be parents. We were so priveledged to meet you when we moved to Willingham. We thought you were the craziest people we had ever met (appropriate for New Orleans). I think it is that zeal that will make you guys wonderful parents.

We will be sending pr for you and you begin this wonderful endeavor of parenting!!!! YIPEEE!

DIRTY DIAPERS AND THROW-UP ROCK!!

Anthony and Sharon said...

Woohoo for babies born in foreign countries! Anthony and I are amazed to follow Him and watch His plan unfold in our lives...we know you guys are probably feeling the same way. We know we wouldn't change anything about where He has brought us, OR about the place and life our children will live! Woohoo for our Dad making one of life's biggest blessings even MORE interesting- (I can't even imagine my OB/GYN NOT having a foreign accent now! haha!) Hope the birth certificate is somewhat readable for little Jellybean. We are so glad you guys are walking this journey with so much joy...it's TOTALLY what He intended!
Blessings-
Anthony, Sharon, & Baby Isaac

Eddie and Monika (Purba) Landry said...

We are so excited and look forward to hearing of Jellybeans arrival.

Wade, Laurie and Samuel Garrett said...

Adam and Andrea,

We are so happy for you both and cannot wait to see little Baby Schef! Samuel cannot wait to have a playmate! We love you and know you will be wonderful parents! Many Blessings on all three of you!
Love,
The Garretts

Anonymous said...

The Wal-mart crew is very excited that you are expecting. Advice from a mother.... All the advice you get, forget it. You spend too much time trying to make it work for you. Use your instict, you will be great parents. The journey is amazing.

Love,
Stacey G

Emily said...

I am so fortunate to actually be here with you in person throughout the entire pregnancy! I don't think I would have enjoyed it half as much if I didn't have you (Andrea :) to go through this with!
I am looking forward to Jellybean's birth as much as I'm looking forward to Hazel's! Only a few more weeks to wait until I get to hold Jellybean and tell him what wonderful parents he was blessed with!

Unknown said...

A&A,

We are so excited with you. We can't wait to welcome jellybean into this world. And yes...as others have said, jellybean will be so blessed by the wonderful parents God has given. Congratulations to you.
We love you, S&S s&s

The Agarwals said...

Dear Adam and Andrea,

I am so thrilled for you and for Jellybean! What an awesome time you will have rocking for Him together.

Joyfully, Chele

Kelley C said...

A&A-
I am so thrilled for you guys! I just wish we were there to watch you guys become parents. I can't wait to see the thrills in store for you! All three of us love you guys very much!

Adam SheF said...

This is so incredible! We are totally overwhelmed with joy; and even more excitement, now that Jellybean has arrived and we have taken her home finally. Thank you all so much for your kind words of blessing. I will never forget your kind words.